Digital marketing, also known as online marketing, refers to advertising delivered through digital channels to promote brands and connect potential customers using the internet and other forms of digital communication such as:
Consumers today rely heavily on digital means to research products. Some 77% of customers research a brand online before engaging with it, according to HubSpot Research. Meanwhile, 51% of consumers say they use Google to research products before buying.
– Inclusive: Digital marketing can reach billions of people through the internet and other digital channels, allowing businesses to expand their potential customer base and reach people around the world.
– Measurable: Digital marketing allows businesses to measure the impact of their campaigns. For example, website analytics and other tools can show which campaigns are bringing in the most traffic, conversions, or revenue. This allows businesses to optimize their campaigns and achieve better results.
– Lower cost: Digital marketing is generally less expensive than traditional marketing methods. For example, using digital channels like social media marketing or email marketing can help businesses manage their advertising budgets more effectively and create lower cost campaigns.
– Faster results: Digital marketing allows businesses to see results from their campaigns quickly. For example, a business launching an email campaign can see results immediately or create a Facebook ad to attract customers quickly.
– Customizable: Digital marketing allows businesses to target their campaigns to specific audiences. For example, businesses can show ads to people with certain demographics or geographic characteristics or create campaigns based on their interests.
Overall, digital marketing provides businesses with the opportunity to create more inclusive, measurable, lower cost, faster results, and customizable campaigns.